Thursday, July 9, 2009

For a Competitor

For a Competitor

Heavenly Father,

I live in a society that values
competition highly, a dog-eat-dog world that
encourages people to win at all costs. But that’s not
how you are at all. You are humble and kind and
encourage us to love even our enemies. God, help
me love those who compete against me. Help me
do the right thing. And if someone who competes
with me treats me badly, help me remember what
you say: “Justice is mine; I will repay, saith the
Lord.” I commit this competitive situation into your
hands and ask for your guidance. Help me behave
with integrity and seek your blessing even for those
who treat me poorly. Help me love them as you
love me. In Jesus’ name.

-Amen

Forward this Prayer to a Friend

Subscribe to receive The Daily Prayer in your e-mail every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment