Sunday, July 5, 2009

When Children Misbehave

When Children Misbehave

God,

I love my children but they are driving me
to distraction. I’m losing control. I need help.
I realize I can never direct them in their young lives
until I live my own life with integrity. Give me the
strength and wisdom to be a good example. Replace
my anger and shouting with patience, trust and a
sense of humor. Help me see their restless energy as
a sign of vitality and a part of their development.
Even when I am tired and upset, help me find joy
with them. Help me remember that children are a
gift from you, an opportunity to learn wisdom,
discipline and true, selfless love. Thank you for that
gift. Please don’t let it get me down.

- Amen

Forward this Prayer to a Friend

Subscribe to receive The Daily Prayer in your e-mail every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment