Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Prayer in Sickness

A Prayer in Sickness

O God,
I am in your hands.
You know me from my mother's womb.
O Wise Creator,
soothe my pain; heal my body and soul.

O Good Jesus,
you went doing good and healing many.
Once your hands raised the dead to life:
restore my health to me.
Once your hands gave sight to the blind:
take me from the darkness of my fears.
Once your hands made the paralyzed walk:
let me walk again
with my family and friends.
Once your hands were nailed to the cross:
strengthen me in sickness and pain.

O Holy Spirit,
Giver of Life,
Helper and Friend,
Source of all good gifts,
bring peace and comfort to me.

Forward this e-mail to a friend who could use a prayer.

Subscribe to receive The Daily Prayer in your e-mail every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment