Monday, November 8, 2010

Comfort in Loss

Comfort in Loss

Dear Lord,

Please help me in this time of
loss and overwhelming grief.
I don't understand why my life
is filled with this pain and heartache.
But I turn my eyes to you as I seek
to find the strength to trust in your
faithfulness. I will wait on you and not
despair; I will quietly wait for your
salvation. My heart is crushed, but I know
that you will not abandon me forever. Please
show me your compassion, Lord. Help me through
the pain so that I will hope in you again.
I believe this promise in your Word to send me
fresh mercy each day. Though I can't see past
today, I trust your great love will never fail me.

Amen

Forward this e-mail to a friend who could use a prayer.

Subscribe to receive The Daily Prayer in your e-mail every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment